Thread: Invalid winpeoem.sif

Invalid winpeoem.sif

Just few days back i had set up a Winpe pxe boot on my system. I had followed all the instructions and had no problems while installing Winpe on my system. Now the problem is that when i try to turn on my pc, i get an error message after the Ram disk loads stating that " the inf file \i386\system32\winpeoem.sif is invalid” on your system. Can any body tell me that what i need to do in order to get rid of the error message? Kindly provide me the correct solution to resolve the above issue.

Re: Invalid winpeoem.sif

This is happening to me today and I haven't changed anything on my boot disks in a while. PE Builder evidently modifies the file before placing it into the "I386\System32" folder. The winpeoem.sif file is on the ISO file (\i386\sytem32\winpeoem.sif). The file contents are different between the two locations. In the PEBuilder folder it contains that commented out line.

According to me the BaretPE default seems to be have changed your winpeoem.sif or it might be an outdated one. Try to change your winpeoem.sif to its default one or you can also update it on your system.

Another good idea in order to get rid of the above issue, is to try to edit your <PEBuilderDir>\winpeoem.sif and try to remove the first two lines from it. And check out whether you still face the same problem on your pc.