Thread: Mozilla keeps crashing, might have changed settings

Mozilla keeps crashing, might have changed settings

i'll try to provide as much info as possible to help whoever may have a solution. and thanks in advance.

recently signed up to a football teams online website (not saying who), it allows you to watch clips etc... one of the features is being able to watch the live channel but after clicking,it would say that this is not supported for the UK, with an idea i searched to try and change my ip address for another country, and tried to access the live tv section using a number of free proxy's that did not work. this message would appear when trying to view the live section of the page "browser not supported, scripting not enabled" (or something similar), the settings i changed to enable scripting were actually in IE6, mozilla was untouched. despite this not working the problem is now...

today i ignored my attempts to view the live section and decided just to try and view some of the video clips on the site however when clicking a clip mozilla would automatically close down, the same applied to IE6.

if this helps, i am running windows vista on a toshiba L300 series, antivirus i have is AVG although this was installed ages ago. the clips i tried to view have never worked, so it was the first time i attempted although other websites like youtube work fine. and when i have checked under preferences of mozilla 3.0.11 java is enabled. i have had this problem before with another website cant remember which one where trying to view a video clip and it just closes automatically.

under the FAQ of the site, its solution to this problem was that settings may need to be changed which is unhelpful

any ideas? and once again thanks

Re: Mozilla keeps crashing, might have changed settings

Probably you have installed some add-in or toolbar which has a bug. When you close a window, the bug fires off and cause the browser program to crash and close all windows.

Without knowing all the details of what you have installed, nobody can really solve this for you. In general, you should decline to install toolbars and add-ons to your browser unless you know exactly what they are. Some malicious web sites even trick people into installing "drive by downloads" -- browser add-ons which can do very nasty things without your permission. Have you tried using another browser like opera, or chrome?