Thread: How to insert equation in Microsoft Word

How to insert equation in Microsoft Word

Hi,
    I want to ask how can I type equations in Microsoft Word. I have some geometrical work. I want setup a page which defines some maths equation. Equation have special symbols like root, pie, theta, etc. I did not discovered these symbols in Microsoft Word. How can I add up those symbols in word. Help needed.

Re: How to insert equation in Microsoft Word

Go to Microsoft Site and download an Maths addin tool of Microsoft Word 2007. It is a freeware tool with all the functions and symbols you want to use to perform a equation. In the the Maths add in tool you can use computational and graphing work. You can plot a function, equation or judge inequality in 2-D and 3-D. You can solve equations and calculate numeric result. This plugin will simplify you algebric expression.
    Click here to download.

Microsoft Word 2007 has a inbuilt feature to write a equation. You can use Unicode characters and Maths autocorrect entries to add a symbol in place of a text. To do this go to Insert Tab in the symbol tab in the insert menu. Then click on add on more symbols. You will find a list of maths symbols. You can also see equation button above that. That you can utilize for you maths work.

Microsoft Word 2007 offers you an option to add and use equations along with other mathematical functions in it. Just launch word and click on insert. The go to Object. Then in the box select Microsoft Equation and click on ok. A Equation editor will open up which will give you a full functionality in working with equations.