Thread: Download Msizap.exe

Download Msizap.exe

Msizap.exe is a command line utility that removes either all Windows Installer information for a product or all products installed on a computer. Products installed by the installer may fail to function after using Msizap.
    On Windows 2000 and Windows XP, administrative privileges are required to use Msizap.exe.

This version of Windows Installer CleanUp Utility works correctly in all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows. If you have an earlier version installed on your computer, we recommend that you download and install this latest version.

You must be logged on to Windows with a user account that is a computer administrator to run Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. For more information about how to install and run Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.

Download

Re: Download Msizap.exe

Usage:
    msizap T[A!] {product code}
    msizap T[A!] {msi package}
    msizap *[A!] ALLPRODUCTS
    msizap PSA?
    • !* = remove all Windows Installer folders and regkeys;adjust shared DLL counts; stop Windows Installer service
    • T = remove all info for given product codeP = remove In-Progress key
    • S = remove Rollback Information
    • A = for any specified removal, just change ACLs to Admin Full Control
    • ? = verbose help
    • ! = force 'yes' response to any prompt

Incase if the above download link is not working for downloading Msizap.exe then anyone can also download it from this link. The msizap tool seems to be removed from the microsoft website that ships as part of the Windows Installer SDK. It seems to be working fine when I tried it, so if you are in need of this tool due to slow network on your computer then you can easily download this standalone file on your computer.

If anyone doesnt know how to use Msizap.exe file then I will explain it here how to use it. After downloading the file, you need to press Start and then in Run type cmd. After that navigate on the command prompt to where this file is located. I usually placed the file in \%systemroot%\msizap.exe so that it was all ready to in my path. After that when I had the location down then I just typed this "msizap.exe !G" without quotes and it worked fine.