Thread: Issue with video in Windows Media Player

Issue with video in Windows Media Player

Hi,
    I have some problem in windows media player. I had formatted my pc and installed a fresh copy of windows xp. Due to virus issue my system has crashed. Here when I play a video the video is flicking in the middle. Then my video does not work in skin mode. It only works when the media player is set to full mode. Other thing I want to ask that what steps should be taken to make windows xp more stable. I just want to avoid system crashed. So what are the most common considered points.

Re: Issue with video in Windows Media Player

System crashes as many reasons. The small things which makes a system dead is that only use compatible hardware's only. See the hardware compatibility list. Because some bad drivers can damage your os. Always run your system from a UPS. This helps to protect the computer and critical parts from power fluctuation. Data Loss, hardware damage, system instability are the common issues caused by power. Try not to upgrade your windows copy. That means always install a clean copy. This removes all the old bugs from the system. Whenever you use a third party software always take care. If the software compiles with Microsoft standards then they will not cause issues. Never run and install a third party themes or free sceensavers. Many of this are malicious. Never use any third party system software. Perform regular maintenance.

The screen flickering issue with windows media player can be due to driver. Update you windows video drivers. If still the problem does not goes then re-install windows media player with klite codec. Otherwise you have a bad video card which is causing the problem. Replace you video card and check it out. It it works then your will need to upgrade it.

The problem of media player is seems to be with the media player. That means media player is not using the hardware acceleration in skin mode. So conclusion for this will be a buggy audio card driver. It is recommended that you should update you video driver. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Display adapters. Right click the hardware inside and select update drivers.

Re:dvd play back with a green screen

hi. i have tried to burn two movies on to a disc but when i play them back i hear the sound but no picture just a green screen i am using nero and dvd santa to burn them a few days ago i had to reinstall internet expoler 8 but before that the down loads played fine can any please help