Thread: Cannot Copy spupdsvc.exe error

Cannot Copy spupdsvc.exe error

Once while updating windows a error pop up denoting that cannot copy spupdsvc.exe file. I restarted the system and then started the updated again. But the issue does not solved. What is spupdsvc.exe file. Is it a virus which is halting windows update. I run a scan but does not found any detections. My windows update also fails. Help needed.

Re: Cannot Copy spupdsvc.exe error

It is not a virus. It is a windows critical file. The file spupdsvc.exe belongs to Microsoft Update RunOnce Service. Try to run a system restore. I believe that the file is corrupted. Go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore. Run the restore utility and then run the update once again.

The problem can be cause due to corrupted registry. The file belongs to windows update utility. If the files is missing or corrupted then the update utility will fail. It is possible that some virus can affect the file. Run a full system scan under safe mode. Then after scanning delete the detection. Restart your system and insert the windows cd. Then by cmd copy the system 32 folder in your system.

Any invalid application can cause the issue. The reason can be bad installation and uninstallation of software's. Due to which the registry is corrupted. You will need to restore windows registry file. To fix this download any windows registry software and run it. Or else click the below link to use the free tool. Download it and run it.
    Windows Registry Repair.