Thread: No incoming mail in microsoft outlook

No incoming mail in microsoft outlook

2 days ago my friends set up microsoft outlook on my computer. There is one problem that in microsoft outlook that i didn't receive mail in outlook but i can send mail from outlook to anyone. Can anyone he me ? i don't know whats the problem.

Thanks

Re: No incoming mail in microsoft outlook

Information that you must obtain from your ISP before you configure Outlook Express 6.0
    • E-mail address. An example of an e-mail address is "someone@example.com."
    • Username. For example, if your e-mail address is someone@example.com, your username is "someone."
    • Password.
    • Incoming mail server name. An example of an incoming mail server is "pop.microsoft.com."
    • Incoming mail server type. Is the incoming mail server type a POP3 server?
    • Outgoing mail server name. An example of an outgoing mail server is "smtp.microsoft.com."

This happen if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following:

• You are not connected to the Internet or a network, or your mail server is temporarily unavailable.
    • Your account settings are incorrect.
    • Your user profile in Outlook is damaged.
    • An e-mail item on your POP3 server is damaged.
    • The configuration of your AV software is incorrect.
    • Outlook Express was removed from the computer or the installation is damaged.
    • The configuration of your personal firewall software is incorrect.

Verify your account settings
    Follow these steps to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER: control panel
    • If you are in Classic View, double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box opens. Go to step 5.
    • If you are in Category View, under Control Panel, click Switch to Classic View, and then double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box opens.
    • In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
    • On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
    • In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new e-mail profile, and then click OK.
    • In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
    • Click the appropriate server type for your new e-mail account, and then click Next.
    • Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
    • Click Finish, and then click OK.