Thread: Windows Vista Home Basic vs Premium

Windows Vista Home Basic vs Premium

Hi,
    Recently I visited a nearby shop to get a Dell Laptop. The sales guy offers me two operating system. First on was Windows Vista Home Basic and the second one was Windows Vista Home Premium. I did not understand the difference between them. The cost also varies for both. The second one is costlier. I want to know the difference between them. So that I can choose one from them.

Re: Windows Vista Home Basic vs Premium

There is a difference in cost and feature of both the product. Windows Vista Home Premium is hundred dollar costlier than the Home Basic edition. The features of Windows Vista Home Basic is that is easy to setup and meets all your computing needs such as mails, internet and multimedia. It is a good choice for every user especially if you are going to use the laptop for you personal use only.

Windows Vista Home Premium has much more additional features as compare to Windows Vista Home Basic. The basic version just gives you all the basic feature for personal computing. But in the premium version you have more choices. Like you can virtually search anything in your system. The performance is improved and you get better security features. Here you can do more than just seeing photos. You can enjoy a complete multimedia experience. It has a new way to connect a wireless connection.

Here I will list you those additional features which the home basic edition of windows vista does not have. So you can determine what you want. First of all the cost varies. Then Premium edition has Window Aero feature. This means a 3D desktop. It is recommended as best choice of laptops. You can share documents, use a dual monitor, all in one media player, automated backup utility, networking, DVD burning, hd movies, etc. This feature are not included in Vista Home Basic. But later you can upgrade from windows vista home basic to premium.