Thread: How to remove infostealer.gampass

How to remove infostealer.gampass

How to remove infostealer.gampass from my Windows XP SP3? I get this message from AVG Antivirus that it found infostealer.gampass and failed to delete it. What should i do to remove this spyware? What exactly is infostealer.gampass? Can anyone help me?

Re: How to remove infostealer.gampass

Infostealer.Gampass is a Trojan horse that lowers security settings and drops files on the compromised computer. Infostealer.Gampass is designed to open a large security loophole through which hundreds of malicious adware and spyware can be piped to your machine. In addition, Infostealer.Gampass opens a backdoor that allows the remote attacker to get the full control over the infected computer and this places any financial or banking information stored on your computer in severe jeopardy and represents a serious security risk.

Have a look at this thread. Its a good guide for removal of infostealer.gampass spyware. infostealer gampass removal tool May be this could help you...

Try to reboot your computer and start it in safe mode. Once the computer starts in safe mode, Run AVG and do a complete scan. Let it complete and when it detects the spyware and cannot clean it by itself, browse each file and delete it manually. Then open registry editor and remove any values which you found that is made by the spyware. All the best!