Thread: How to export password from RoboForm

How to export password from RoboForm

Hi,
    I am using RoboForm in my laptop which I am using for a long time. Now I want to transfer all the password from RoboForm to a new system. Here It will take a long time if you tired to enter manually. I had installed RoboForm in a different system. Is there any way by which the password can be export from laptop to the desktop. And then the same file can be used in a MAC system also. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to export password from RoboForm

RoboForm is an great password manager. Well RoboForm does not has any export feature by which the password file can be created and the same file can be imported to a new system via RoboForm. But by saving all the passwords in html format you can transfer them. RoboForm saves login in the form of Passcards. Then the Passcards and Safenotes are saved in two different folders. You can see the passcard in Login > Print List. Click on Print list. Now remove tick from the Full URL box and click on the Save button. Save it in the name of Passcards. Then in the save way RoboForm > Safe Note > Print list and save the file as safe note on the desktop. Transfer the files the new system. Then open the files on the desktop. First open Passcards. Go View > HTML . For firefox View > Page Source. Copy all the text inside and open your Roboform in the new system go to Tools > Import > Passcards. Then paste the text. In the same way do for SafeNote.

RoboForm does not work in MAC. And then it is not possible to transfer the passwords to the MAC system. It will be a waste of time. I will recommend you to download some different password manager compliant to the MAC operating system. Also I don't think so if any how you export the password that will work fine in a different system.

I don't think that is possible. But for different operating system is better that you use a different password manager. Download PassCrypt. It is a freeware tool you can download and try. But as compare to RoboForm PassCrypt has a Import and Export utility. It works on many platforms. It has automatic form capture and fill in utility. Try this out.