Thread: Restore Backed Up IE PWD Files

OMFG Restore Backed Up IE PWD Files

GRRRR. Ok, now that I have that off my chest...

2 years ago, I backed up certain files on my then XP-powered system. I am now running Vista 32-bit.

For the life of me I can't remember how or what I used (I've had a baby and apparently my brain was left at the hospital).

I apparently made backups of my browser data, since I have a folder on my external drive where I backed things i needed up, and in there I have two files in particular:
    IE Accounts (10-09-2007 19h 03m).pwd
    and
    IE-pwds.pwd

I have not been able to find anywhere online that explains how to restore these files (PWD) to IE. I am in a pickle and need to get into my reseller hosting site admin area and cannot remember the password. I have a support ticket in, but these people take forever. I figured I would just go back and restore the info I had in IE that I backed up previously in hopes it contained the info I needed, but now have no idea how to.

Someone, anyone, please help!

Re: Restore Backed Up IE PWD Files

Here i will provide you the steps for resetting your IE that may restore your setting to the factory setting, which will also restore your PWD files, Open the internet explorer, go to Tools menu,then go to Internet option, Once you have selected the internet options click on the advanced tab it will be in the right corner. Once you have selected, at the bottom of the page on advanced tab there will be an option for RESET, this will restore the default settings, of your internet explorer Browser and now reboot the machine to take effect.

Re: Restore Backed Up IE PWD Files

• Open IE and navigate to :: Tools >> Internet option >> Advanced >> click RESET (on the bottom of the page.
    • At this point, all your default settings will be restored.
    • Reboot and open IE to check the effect