Thread: Dell D620 Laptop freezes on shutdown

Dell D620 Laptop freezes on shutdown

Hi,
    I have a Dell D620 laptop purchase some months ago. Here problem is whenever I give shutdown the laptop hangs up. I then forcibly restart the system and give shut down again. Many times a blue screen comes up and the laptop restarted. What is the issue with the laptop. How can I identify the cause of this issue. Help need.

Re: Dell D620 Laptop freezes on shutdown

Run a memory test. Download MemTest. Run the scan and check that if you memory is functioning proper or not. The blue screen is due to a hardware failure or corrupt software. It can be any critical system file failure. If you had installed any new software or application then just reinstall it and see if the laptop works fine or not.

Go to start menu > run and type msconfig. Then disable all the unwanted service and restart your system. Just check out that any services you don't want just uninstall it. Then remove any latest installed application or hardware. I will recommend you to run you system recovery cd.

Here first run the system in safe mode. Then go to device manager by right clicking on My computer. See that if there is any hardware related issue. Update the drive. After that go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System tools > System restore. Run a restore utility and then try to shut it down properly. Then if still the same problem occur then it means there is a hardware failure. Check out that you hard disk is functioning properly. Go to start menu > cmd > type chkdsk. Insert you windows disc and press enter. Let windows scan your system.