Thread: Troubleshooting midi playback

Troubleshooting midi playback

Recently i had upgraded my pc from Windows Xp pro to Windows Xp pro sp2. But after upgrading my system, i can not get any sound from my pc. When i try to check it out by going in to the device manager, it shows that there is no MIDI PlayBack Device on your system. The Drivers for this device are not installed. Can any body tell me that how can i troubleshoot my midi playback on my system? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Troubleshooting midi playback

If possible, plug a different output device into the computer. For example, if you have been using speakers, try a different pair of speakers or a set of headphones to make sure that the problem is not related to the device itself. Determine whether you can hear sound. If you can hear sound, there is a problem with the original output device and the issue is resolved.

Windows XP includes a troubleshooting program which could help you resolve your sound issues. Also check that the correct device is selected under Start menu --> Control Panel -- > Sounds and Audio Devices -- > Audio (tab) -- > MIDI music playback. You can also try changing to another device and see if that works

The sound card can read MIDI music files and generate electrical wave forms according to the codes read. In order to get rid of the above issue you need to find the sound card you have, which according to me Windows would do for you and need to get the drivers for that.