Thread: How to repair corrupt zip file

How to repair corrupt zip file

I have forwarded some office documents using zip archive, to my another mail id, now when download and extract all the files, it gives be me an error broken file, which cannot be access further and the problem is far away from the office and need to go through those documents, so can anyone suggest me how to repair or to have access to my zip files.

Thanks for you help

Re: How to repair corrupt zip file

There are lot of free software available on the internet which allows to recover files from the corrupt zip files, Recovery Toolbox for Zip is one of that and represents an intelligent program, that can repair damaged Zip files or self-extracting SFX archives. Archiving is a very important feature, it can save a lot of free space on your HDD and reduce upload time, when forwarding *.zip files to other PC's or file servers. Just choose the corrupted file, give a new name for the recovered file and your good to go. The program shows a list of files that can be extracted from the corrupted zip files.

Several programs on the Internet claim to be able to recover broken ZIP archives. Kernel Recovery for ZIP file recovery tool recovers files from corrupted ZIP archives which gets corrupted due to incomplete download, virus attacks or CRC errors. When a zip file is corrupted you get messages like this

"file is corrupted, winzip can not open it."

just download, install and launch Recovery Toolbox for Zip to fix either multiple or corrupt zip archive error. When it is done, please follow some simple and easy steps to repair a file with *.zip extension.

Alfmeister Guest

Hi

if you have got an error message associated with a corrupt Zip file, take a look at

It recommends a commercial package to repair corrupted zip files, but the free trial version of the recovery software will give you a visual preview of the file contents - i.e. you can see the contents of each file within the Zip file. So at least you'll know you've got something worth recovering before spending anything.

Davidpoul Guest

Hi
    If you are getting an error "broken file", which cannot be access further then it means that your zip file get corrupted. you need to repair those file with the help of zip recovery software. These software uses the powerful algorithm to scan the data and repair that data and restore them.

David Poul

samjoseph Guest

You can repair your corrupt zip file with the help of third party zip recovery software. If you search on web you got number of such software. I also know one zip recovery software whose name is Stellar Phoenix Zip Recovery. This software uses the powerful algorithm to scan corrupt data and repair and restore it. This software definitely helps you.

Divyesh-tech Guest

Well yes try unzipping it on the machine you originally used..but most often you CAN'T repair a zipped file or even a corrupted file.
    that will take more work that its worth to be very honest.

You can Repair your corrupt zip file with the help of third party zip recovery software but that can be done if small error is present which can be fill with 1's and 0's if file downloading is incomplete file data is deleted due to virus then its not possible to repair. so for repairing data must be exist..

john_mayer1981 Guest

The ZIP file format is a data compression and archive format. A ZIP file contains one or more files that have been compressed to reduce file size, or stored as-is. The ZIP file format permits a number of compression algorithms.
    A ZIP file is identified by the presence of a central directory located at the end of the file. The directory stores a list of the names of the entries (files or directories) stored in the ZIP file, along with other metadata about the entry, and an offset into the ZIP file, pointing to the actual entry data.

There are numbers of reasons for the corruption of zip file such as application malfunction, virus infection, CRC errors, improper compression and many other similar reasons. When the corruption occurs because of any of reason it becomes inaccessible because Win Zip cannot verify stored data and thus cannot extract it. Corruption generally makes the file header corrupt and thus the archive become unreadable. If it is damaged, CRC values of the original files of an archive do not match the extracted ones.

To overcome this type of situations Zip Repair tool can be used. I can refer you a link which can definitely help you to recover your lost data from corrupt zip file. Try this link it will help you a lot.

Good Luck.