Thread: Delete line that word makes when you type -------

Delete line that word makes when you type -------

Hello
    Am here for a question guys, thinking it last night,all we know that when we type a few dashes, or equal signs followed by return the word will give you a clean line all the way across the page.but strangely am not able to manipulate the line
    I selected some lines below and top of it,and tried to delete,but it removes the
    blanks not able to remove the line what's wrong how can i do it?

please help me

thanks for any help as always.!!!

Re: Delete line that word makes when you type -------

when you enter a few dashes on a line by themselves, Word will makes them into a horizontal line running from margin to margin. If you don't want to do this select the Smart Tag which comes up and opt Undo Border Line. But when you did not install Office XP's Smart Tags during the installation procedure in this scenario you are able to perform this by using Format/ Borders and Shading, which comes under the the Borders tab but you need to select non option here..

*In Word 2003 and previous versions you can do it by clicking the preset picture for “None.” on the Format | Borders and Shading dialog,on the same hand click the down arrow near to the the Borders button on the Formatting or Tables and Borders toolbar and select no border

*In Word 2007, you can do it by in the Home tab, go to the Paragraph group. make the arrow beside the bottom right button to No Border.

*A click in the offending paragraph followed bys Ctrl+Q, resets the paragraph formatting to the default for the style which will also remove any other direct paragraph formatting as well as the border in any version of the Microsoft word

Hello there, you can avoid this automatic border line by clicking in the paragraph before or after the line, click, format, borders and shading, turn the border off by clicking on it in the window.
    tools>auto correct options> auto format as you type, un check borders under apply as you type will help you to disable this settings