Thread: Nvidia control panel stopped working?

Nvidia control panel stopped working?

hi
    i am having this Nvidia control panel issue .Does any one experienced the same problem of stopped working Nvidia control panel ? what to do ? please reply
    thank you

Re: Nvidia control panel stopped working?

In case if you updated your operating system from windows xp to vista Just uninstall video driver use cc cleaner to uninstall then by using your original driver disk install driver again.also check for windows version that you have like 64 bit or 32 bit according to that install driver try here for more No performance tab in NVidia control panel and NVidia Control Panel does not Work

I had this problem on my hp i found this

This error can occur when a certain version of nVidia software is installed and a certain version of HP My Display software is installed on the same computer.To correct these errors and access nVidia Control Panel do the following:

1. Connect to the Internet.
    2. Open HP My Display: click Start , All Programs , HP My Display , and then HP My Display .
    3. Click Help .
    4. Click Update and then Check Update .
    5. Complete the required fields, ensure Full version is selected, and then click Submit .
    6. When the software download window opens, click Save to save the file to a location on the hard drive.
    7. When the download is complete, do not open it. Instead, uninstall HP My Display software as follows:

• In Windows Vista, click Start , Control Panel , Uninstall a program , and double-click HP My Display .
      • In Windows XP, click Start , Control Panel , Add or Remove Programs , and double-click HP My Display .

8. Follow the instructions in the Windows that open to remove the files.
    9. Restart the computer when done.
    10. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions that are presented to install the new version of HP My Display software.

hp.com

I have been experiencing a this bug in the nVidia control panel, I tried many things to fix it but i got success with this ; I cleaned out all the old nVidia graphics driver files in Safe Mode, I use CCcleaner then i download latest driver for Nvidia that was the version 185.85 and installed it and thats work for me .so try with most latest version of driver