Thread: Is there any way to speed up Photoshop start up

Is there any way to speed up Photoshop start up

I need some serious help from you all guys. I am using a new system with Windows Vista which is very fast. All applications run fine except the one that i use more often, PhotoShop. It takes much time to startup and some time just hangup. Is there any way i can speedup my Photoshop startup ? If yes, than please let me know soon. Its getting very annoying for me .

Re: Is there any way to speed up Photoshop start up

For making Photoshop properly and fast our system must have 1 Gb of ram at least. Rather having the memory slow startup of Photoshop is acceptable because every time we run the program all plug-ins also load with Photoshop. There are lots of unnecessary plug-ins that loads with it and make it slower.
    So the logic to make photoshop startup faster is to disable the unnecessary plug-ins.

So the better way to do this is with an application called Photoshop Speedup. It is a freeware which will automatically filter and disable the plug-ins to the program that users might not need. After installing, it will display a basic interface afterwards that allows the user to remove items from the Adobe Photoshop startup including plugins, Cmap and Base and Photoshop Presets.In addition to disabling items you can optimize the amount of system memory Photoshop will use.By disabling the plug-ins, the overall start time required to load Photoshop will reduce substantially and you can enjoy a much faster start up time and better performance.

I am aware of Photoshop Speedup. Its really a nice and useful program for the Photoshop users.There are several options such as whether to load the Adobe fonts, load the presets, and set the memory usage. You may restore to the original settings at any time.

Features
    • Enable or disable the plug-ins as needed
    • Do not load Adobe fonts CMap and Base
    • Do not load Photoshop Presets
    • Optimize and reset Maximum Memory Usage
    • Restore to original settings with a click of the Restore button at any time

You can also disable the unwanted plug-ins manually from the folder at C:\program files \Adobe . Here you will find a folder named plug-ins. This is only the folder that contains all the Photoshop Plugin. To disable any of the plug-ins, just edit their name. In case you need to re-a-enable them just name it to the original name. Thats it