Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Insert single space in Microsoft Word office document

Windows Software

Old 03-07-2009

Insert single space in Microsoft Word office document

I have a Word document which was send to me by staff member. It is an office document mentioning all the terms and conditions. The document looks very messy to me and because of that I am unable to understand anything. How can I rearrange it so that each and every point is clear and understandable to me? I think inserting a single line space in the MS word document would do the trick but others suggestions are also welcome.

Old 03-07-2009

Re: Insert single space in Microsoft Word office document

Single spacing is nothing but the amount of space added between paragraphs. By default the spacing in Microsoft Office Word 2007 is 1.15 lines within a paragraph but if you think it is not the case and it is even less than that then go to the Home tab in the Styles group, and click Change Styles. Now click Set as Default.
Old 03-07-2009

There is yet another shortcut for adding a single or double spacing from the keyboard in your paragraph. Simply select the paragraph(s) and use the following keyboard shortcut:

Ctrl+1 for single space
Ctrl+2 for double space

The default template also offers a 'No spacing' style which has single spacing. You can choose anyone of them according to your need.
Old 03-07-2009

If you want single-spaced lines with a blank line between paragraphs go for Normal paragraph style.
  • On the Home tab in the Styles group, right-click Normal, and then click Modify.
  • Under Formatting, click Single Space.
  • If you want all new documents to be spaced this way, click New documents based on this template, near the bottom of the dialog box.
  • Click OK.

Another way to achieve this:
  • Select the paragraph that you want to change.
  • On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Line Spacing.
  • Select the appropriate option

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,