Thread: How to make itunes rescan library?

How to make itunes rescan library?

Hello, This is really wired that i can't find the rescan library feature anywhere in Itunes. Doesn't Itunes have this features? However i'l using it from couple of days now and got the need to update the library to remove the deleted songs entry. But i can't find the option for this? If someone know Itunes very well around here then please guide me. Really thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Re: How to make itunes rescan library?

Which operating system you are using? If mac then its really very easy,

Download the Automator script from the below attachment.

When you'll run this script it will search inside your custome folder for mp3 files and files that have been modified during tha last 2 weeks and it will add them to your iTunes library.

Refer to this threa first see if its helps you: Update / synchronize itunes library automatically and manually

You can do one thins, delete all songs from the Itunes library and add them again by clicking on File, Add Folder To Library, then select the folder that represents your iTunes library. iTunes will then add all the songs back to your iTunes library and will display the new tag information.

Fir Windows: Download iTunes Library Updater 1.22

As iTunes doesn’t provide a function to update / synchronize your music collection with it’s own database, this small utility does it for you. It can clean up duplicates and orphaned entries, as well as add new music from specified directories that iTunes doesn't yet know about. This app replaces the consolidation function on iTunes so that you can take control of updating.

The developer recommends that you backup your iTunes database (’iTunes Music Library.itl’ and ‘iTunes Music Library.xml’), just to be on the safe side however.

OS requirements for iTunes Library Updater:

Minimum requirements:

• .NET Framework 2.0 or higher
    • iTunes