Thread: Need to know about windows server 2003 threats

Need to know about windows server 2003 threats

I Have windows server 2003 enabled with the workstations software. I have heard that Microsoft has announced a notice that was sent about possible threat (critical) that would allow remote access. Is there a way to determine if the server was remotely accessed? If anyone know please let me know this will be helpful for me.

Thanks to all of you.

Re: Need to know about windows server 2003 threats

Windows Server 2003 Security Compliance Management Toolkit was released as part of the Security Compliance Management Toolkit Series. Please go to the Security Compliance Management Toolkit Series location on the Microsoft Download Center to get the Windows Server 2003 Security Compliance Management Toolkit. Download from here.

I was having windows server 2003, and learn many things from the e-books. If you use Windows 2003 Server at a small to medium-sized organization, or use Microsoft's Small Business Server, then there are lots of in-depth knowledge books as well as tutorials are available on the net, there are concise tutorial that offers the hands-on advice you need for securing your network. Securing Windows Server 2003 not only shows you how to put Windows security tools to work, but guides you through ways to plan and implement a secure operating environment.

The Threats and Countermeasures Guide provides a reference to all security settings that provide countermeasures for specific threats against current versions of the Microsoft Windows operating systems.

• Vulnerability. Explains how an attacker might mount an attack if the setting is configured in a less secure manner.
    • Countermeasure. Explains how to implement the countermeasure.
    • Potential Impact. Explains the possible negative consequences of countermeasure implementation.

The Threats and Countermeasures guide provides you with a reference to all security settings that provide countermeasures for specific threats against current versions of the Microsoft Windows operating systems.Download from here.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en