Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to change from a standard user to an administrator on Vista?

Windows Software

Old 03-07-2009

On my computer i have administrator opened but a forgotten password. i cant do anything on my computer with out that adminstrator password. My standard user account is open but i have no way at all to change it. Does anyone know a way to change the account with out the password to the adminstrator account?

Old 03-07-2009

Re: How to change from a standard user to an administrator on Vista?

However have you tried by enabling the hidden vista admin account?

First open a command prompt in admin mode by right click on command prompt shortcut in start menu and select "run as administrator"

Now type the following command:

Code:
    net user administrator /active:yes
You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.
Old 03-07-2009

Yes if you wan to change your administrator password you can change it by clicking on forget password or it might happen that you might have a backup of your password on USB drive then also you can change your password because in Vista you have a feature of taking backup of your password on USB drive.
Old 04-07-2009

Sad thing is, the hidden administrator account was already opened to begin with and there was no back up.
Old 04-07-2009

So access PC with that hidden account if its already open. Have you set the password on that hidden account also??
Old 14-07-2009

hahaha. There's a password on it too. Someone has been doing a lot of playing around on this computer. I can't do anything.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,