Thread: Need information on Some Excel function

Need information on Some Excel function

Hi,
    I have a amount of data in Microsoft Excel. The data consist of Annual Maintenance Contract of some 200 customer. I had made a separate sheet in which i determine that every month whose amc is pending. Now here I want to sort the data and display in such a way that those who are done goes down and those who are not comes up. The second thing I want to do is merge the text of different cells and paste in word. The name and address of customers are in different cell. How can I merge the text together here. And then copy the same information in the cell to a new column without copy pasting each and every.

Re: Need information on Some Excel function

Sorting Data is very easy in Microsoft Office. The Microsoft Excel is designed in such a way that you can perform almost all your functions and calculation in it. It is like a Maths sheet. Do one thing. Put Y for those which customers are done and put N for those who are pending. Insert a new column for this. Then select the entire data. Then go to Data and see the sort column. There are two buttons here first Ascending and the Second one Descending. Leave them and click on Sort. Then select the heading of your column and give the sorting in descending format. Excel will sort the entire list and place the new dates first.

If you want to merge a text in number of cell here is a very simple value for your. Select a new cell and type =(A1&" "&B1) press enter. Type the complete formula don't even leave the last closing bracket. Then drag the first cell till the end of your Data sheet. The text inside the will me merged. You can put more cell text by just adding &" "& after the cell address.

To copy the same value of a cell to a different place without using the copy past function, you will have to use the formula. The formula for this is =(A1) press enter. A1 is the address of the cell where the text is stored. The if you copy the cell and paste in word it is possible that you will see a formula instead of text. This because the cell contains a reference in it not the exact text. You can convert the formula in cell to a text. To do this first copy the cell and then right click on that. Click on Paste Special and select value. Here you are done.