Thread: Open winrar password protected file

Open winrar password protected file

I have some winrar files received via mail. This files are password protected. I had tried the traditional way to open but it is not working. I want to ask that is there a way by which I can open a password protected winrar file without damaging the data inside it. If yes please sent some simple solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Open winrar password protected file

There is not way to open it. Just ask for the password and open the files. The passwords are used for security purpose and you cannot crack the files without providing it. It is possible that some tools will allow but they can corrupt the data. In order to get the data without tampering it then better inquire for password and provide it.

It is possible to open a locked winrar file. There some tools which can do this work for you. I am giving a link of simple program which is designed to recover the lost passwords of RAR or Winrar file. The archive version supported by it is 2.xx and 3.xx. It unlocks the zipped data and you can easily extract your data without any intensive command line work. Click the below link to download and try it.
    Download RAR Password Recovery Tool.

You can use Brute force for this. Brute Force is a tool which is make to recover and unlock the password protected file. In case if the user forgets the password then the user can open the file by Brute Force. It is a freeware tool available on multiple sites for download. Click on the below link and install it. Then launch the tool and select on create a new project. Then select your file and give a save location. It will extract the file form the password protected winrar file.
    BruteForce

@Raine,Thank you for your knowledge provided.