Thread: How to remove install.log file from Windows Xp

How to remove install.log file from Windows Xp

I had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. I often get an error when i try to uninstall a program from my system. I'm not able to remove install.log file from my system. So can any body tell me that what i need to do in order to remove install.log file from my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: How to remove install.log file from Windows Xp

The install.log/uninstall.log usually contains the uninstallation information about a program. For that you need to go into My Computer, then select Program Files and need to find the folder that you installed it in order to delete it from your system. For that you might need to right click on the folder,then select properties and then need to un-check the "Read Only" Box. After that you need to click on "Apply to this folder, sub-folders, and files" and then click ok.

In some cases, the application might be removed, but the entries may still exist in the Add/Remove Programs applet. The install log file is located in the following directory: install_dir/setup/Sun_Java_System_Web_Server_install.log If you find INSTALL.LOG in any of these locations, your computer is very likely to be infected with the following malware.

I think you should use EasyCleaner program on your system. Easy Cleaner is a multi-featured system maintenance tool, that includes a registry cleaner, a startup manager, a duplicate file finder and a graphical chart to inspect disk space usage. EasyCleaner is a small program which searches the Windows registry for entries that are pointing nowhere. You are also able to manage startup programs, invalid shortcuts and add/remove software list.