Thread: outlook not receiving external emails

outlook not receiving external emails

I renamed a user account in active directory after she got married and requested for a change of name, i then added an email address by creating a new smtp address in Active directory (email addresses tab) so mails sent to the old address still get to her. The issue is that she doesn't get mails from outside the organization like from yahoo but all internal mails get delivered to her and when i track the test messages the server claims they have been delivered to her box but they don't appear in her box (from both OWA and outlook). I guess it's sumtin from the front-end server but i just can't place it. Any suggestions ?????

Re: outlook not receiving external emails

If its for yahoo then you need to check your settings. Go to Tools-Email accounts. Click next. Select your account. Click Change. Make sure your server addresses are correct. plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com , plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com. after that click on More Settings > Advanced tab. Check pop 3 these settings. POP3 995 SSL Enabled. and see if it worked. If not then your firewall or Anti Vitusis preventing incoming mail. Disable your firewall and Antivirus.

thanks but i don't think that is where the problem lies, we use exchange server 2003.1 exchange front end server and one that hosts the mailboxes. Every other user gets their emails both from within the org and from public emails.And if it was a settings problem, then she would see the mails using Outlook web Access.The problem startedafter the account rename in active directory (the logon name was also changed) and an additional smtp address was added.As i said , she gets all other mails within the org but all those that use smtp don't come in even thought the message tracking claims the mails are delivered.
    Thanks

Try to reinstall Outlook and again set the settings it might happen that there would be some issues or else check out the below links for more details

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...il/1201850.htm
    Cannot receive any email via outlook
    Outlook 2003 cannot receive emails

Here is a simple way to determine weather the account settings in outlook express is proper of not. Do this launch outlook express go to Tools > Email Accounts. Check out the settings and note down the POP3 and SMTP servers. Then run a command prompt by going to Start Menu > Run > type cmd and press enter. Here type the "POP3 server name" 110 and "SMTP server" 25. Press enter.

a simpler way to check is to use the Outlook web access, and since she still isn't getting mails from the web, i dont think it's an outlook problem.Please help