Thread: How to search,recover deleted files,index pdf files in windows 7

How to search,recover deleted files,index pdf files in windows 7

I have been using windows 7 since a year but i was not yet aware of recovering the data that i have deleted mistakenly,i never tried doing it as well but i have heard that there are some software's that help you to recover our important data even if they are deleted from the computer.Can any one suggest me which would be the best software for recovering data,searching data and i also need some advice in indexing the pdf files.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to search,recover deleted files,index pdf files in windows 7

I have been using a software called "Pandora Recovery" for recovering my deleted data,this software really helps you to recover your data even if they are permanently deleted fro the recycle bin as well,we usually delete the files by pressing Shift + Delete keys which is then just passed to the Recycle Bin and sometimes we use dos prompt for deleting the data an later we think that we can not get the data back but here this software helps you to find even the permanently deleted data and recover it from ntfs Formatted volumes,no matter what is the type of the data it can be pics,mp3 songs,movies or any other documents and file.

You can also try "DataRecovery" it is a freeware and have been made by TOKIWA to recover the accidentally deleted files from the recycle bin as well It is likely to support FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and even NTFS undeletion you can get its zip file on the net the size of the file is just 198 KB and you don't even require any installation and it is quite portable as well.I have been using this and i am also very satisfied within this,so i will suggest you the same.

Undelete Plus can also be a good choice for you to recover your deleted data it is a very is quick and strongly effective to recover the accidentally deleted data even this is capable of recoverying the permanently deleted files from the recycle bin as well.It generally Plus works under the operating system like windows(95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista) it also supports all the Windows file systems including the FAT12/16/32,NTFS/NTFS5.The size of this program is hardly 583 KB and its quite portable and does not even require any installation.

I use "Recuva" for my data recovery it is a good tool that helps you to scan your hard drives as well as the media card as well in order to recover the accidentally deleted data.It gives you a list of files after ending the recovery process with an assessment of their recovery followed by a preview option to detect the content that you had deleted,here you can also limit your search for certain types of files like images, audio,video and you can also choose between a fast or a deep scan method to recover your lost data.It even includes a secure deletion which probably helps to permanently delete the data found during the scan so as to avoid future recoveries.

I am very well aware of such software's and i have been using them as well but almost all the software's after detecting the files allow you to open it in excel but then when i try to open it in Excel i get a error message saying that The Document is Corrupt and needs to be to repaired so you have to use the open or repair command in the dialogue box and then detect the extracted data but when i go to open the dialogue box i don't get those options at all.Is it like we are not allowed to open the file that we have recovered? is there any one who have experienced the same and can help me out to get through this.

There is a simple way to view the complete list of the locations which have been indexed an you can even add locations to the index,just go to the Indexing Options and after opening the indexing option just click on the Start button and then click on the Control Panel and then type indexing option in the In the search box and then click on the indexing option you will see a list of Indexed location in the list.

Actually pressing Shift+Delete does not actually delete your that it just set your file as D5 thinking that the files is no more usable.Even i have been using data recovery software which is really very help full.I have got for beta(free) which is very well compatible to the latest windows( Windows 7),It really recovers the deleted data no matter if you have deleted it permanently or even if you have formatted or deleted the partition.I is quite simple and gives you a perfect result for any kind of lost data.

Previously even i used to think that the files which are once deleted from the recycle bin are impossible to recover again But one day my friend made me aware of some software's that are used to recover your lost data even if they are deleted permanently such software's can work with different types of media,hard drives,memory cards or any other storing devices as well. and others.

I've also tried Undelete Plus and its worked great. It lets you run a full scan first, and doesn't take up much room on your computer. I was able to get about 100 pictures back after deleting them from my recycle bin. The sooner you use it the better it works.

Our office has used UndeletePlus for years now. It offers the best deep scan and overall file recovery out there. They also have a great support team that actually answer support inquiries.

Sara757 Guest

Certain times software recover data but upto certain extent not complete data. I will recommend you to go for data recovery services. As data recovery experts properly analyse the affected media and recommend the solution. You can consult Stellar Data Recovery Services in this regard.

AB173 Guest

Re: How to search,recover deleted files in windows 7

Hi i have used recovery software to undelete deleted files from Windows 7 and it worked great. The software also recovers even after deletion from the Recycle Bin.

You can download and try the demo version of the Remo Recover (Windows) Basic edition.