Thread: Restore Webcam Icon

Restore Webcam Icon

I am sony vaio laptop with a built in web cam. The camera is place on the top of screen. There was an software provided by sony which runs the web cam and other utilities. The icon of that software has disappeared from the desktop. I am not able to run the cam right now. How can I restore the icon back on the desktop. Help.

Re: Restore Webcam Icon

The icon can be restored form Start Menu. Just click on the start menu and locate the web cam software. Then see the icon on the start menu. It can be probably located under program file or the folder which includes all vaio software. Right click on that and go on the send to option. From there click on dekstop. The icon will be restored back to the desktop. You have might accidentally deleted the icon.

The software icon is present in the Program Files folder if it is not uninstalled. Open My computer and go to C drive. The C drive is the windows drive. Then click on program files. Look for the similar folder which is related to your cam. Then open it and locate the icon. Copy it from there and paste it on the desktop. If you does not find any folder related to that then it will be necessary to reinstalled the cam software.

Sony Vaio provides an disc with each hardware. One disc is of you os and other is of the utilities which comes with the laptop. Like an free antivirus, media center, etc. In that CD you will get the web cam software. Look for the cd and run a setup for the camera. Otherwise try any third party software. Like you can user Web Cam Broadcaster. Download it and install it. It is an handy and easy to use tool with multiple features.

smile Re: Restore Webcam Icon

hi guys , i have a laptop sony vaio woth webcam motion eye but i did delete it the software for the webcam and now i want it back , how can i restore it?

Quote Originally Posted by TYNA View Post
    hi guys , i have a laptop sony vaio woth webcam motion eye but i did delete it the software for the webcam and now i want it back , how can i restore it?
    Was the webcam working fine without any issues? How did it stop working and if you try to enable it then do you get any error message? You can try to system restore and go to a previous date on which everything on your laptop was working fine or else you will have to download the drivers of your webcam from the sony vaio website and install it again in your laptop? What is the make or model of the sony vaio laptop that you have?

thx for reply , my cam was wrking but i did erased all from control panel my laptop sony vaio is VPCEB3E1E in windows vista

in windows 7 sorry

Quote Originally Posted by TYNA View Post
    thx for reply , my cam was wrking but i did erased all from control panel my laptop sony vaio is VPCEB3E1E in windows vista
    Well, there are few ways you can get it back. First, try to do system restore to last or second last Restore point. Usually this will help you for the same. If not, Turn on your Windows Update and get online. Let the windows update the system. It will also get you the required drivers/software for every hardware attached with the system. If still not, visit this URL, enter your Vaio model number, and download the software,.