Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Access Recovery Console at startup

Windows Software

Old 01-07-2009

Access Recovery Console at startup

I am not able to access windows safe mode option. Here I want to run windows recovery console but I do not think that it is installed in my operating system. I am using windows xp in my computer. I do not have a idea to run it. I do not want to format and install everything again. The recovery console can solve the issue. How to run a recovery console.

Old 01-07-2009

Re: Access Recovery Console at startup

This happens when your operating system is not configured properly. It can be due to improper installation. But instead of formatting you can install the Recovery Console and run it to get your operating system back. To do this insert your windows disk. Then click on Start Menu > Run. In the box type E:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons. Here E is the drive of CD/DVD ROM. Then in the windows box type yes and you are done here.
Old 01-07-2009

It is easy to run a windows system recovery. Just insert your original windows bootable disc and restart your system. Set the CD drive as first boot device in bios. Then click on key when bios ask you to boot form cd. After the windows cd run it will prompt you to repair your old operation system. Press R. Provide with the license and key and leave the system for sometime.
Old 01-07-2009

Windows Recovery Console will put back the fresh version of windows on your system. Insert the windows disk and restart your pc. Windows will automatically show you the list of operating system installed. Select it and press R. Thought it will not format your hard drive but restore all the windows file and settings back. There are chances that you will lose your old software's that you will need to re-install back. You data will not lose in this procedure.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,