Thread: What is Viewpoint media player and Viewpoint Manager

What is Viewpoint media player and Viewpoint Manager

I am using Windows Vista as my personal computer. To day i found something called Viewpoint Manager. While working around of it i came to know that it belongs to Viewpoint Media player. It is strange for me because i have never install Viewpoint Media player on my computer than how it came to my system. What is Viewpoint Media player and its Viewpoint Manager ? Should i remove them ? If yes please let me know how. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Viewpoint media player and Viewpoint Manager

It is not necessary that Viewpoint will come to your system when you install it. Viewpoint installs itself with various other programs on the web that require the media player to show their content such as AOL, AOL Instant Messenger, Netscape, certain Adobe applications. Viewpoint Media Player is a web browser plug-in that enables users to view 3D content and other rich media, such as Flash content and video, on the Internet. Viewpoint Media Player is the graphics engine for AOL Instant Greetings, AIM Themes and other popular web applications.

Viewpoint Media Player is distributed with AOL, AIM, versions of Netscape, certain Adobe products, and some retail computers sold today.Many companies, ranging from online retailers to auto manufacturers, use Viewpoint Media Player as the graphics platform for interactive 3D tours of their products.

Viewpoint Manager (viewmgr.exe) is a component of various Viewpoint products, including Viewpoint Media Player and Viewpoint Toolbar that manages the download of updates and bug fixes for Viewpoint applications. It is a file associated with either the Viewpoint Media Player or Viewpoint Toolbar. To ensure Viewpoint applications remain up-to-date, Viewpoint Manager checks Viewpoint servers for new components every 24 hours without interfering with the user’s online experience. It manages the downloads and updates of the Viewpoint products. According to Viewpoint, the manager program will check for new updates once a day.If Viewpoint Manager detects an update on the Viewpoint component servers, the update is automatically downloaded and installed.

The Viewpoint Media Player supports the full range of rich media formats, including graphics and text, video and audio, Flash animation, zoomable 2D graphics, and 3D models, all interacting in the same environment. Viewpoint may download updates, upgrades, and/or Third Party Software during these communications or when the Software detects a file that requires a component that is currently not installed. These downloads will occur automatically and without any advance notification to you.

If you think its not of your use, you can remove it easily from your system. To remove Viewpoint media player and its Manager, just go through this few simple steps:-

• First of all open your Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt +Delete or simply right click on the task bar and select Task Manager.

• Now go to Processes Tab and select VIEWMGR.EXE and click on End Task.

• Once done Close tha Task Manager and Open Control Panel than Add and remove Program.

• Here you will find the Option to uninstall the following:
      • Viewpoint Manager
      • Viewpoint Media Player
      • Viewpoint Toolbar

Thats it ! Now close the add and remove program applet and you are done.