Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009

How to delete history in Real Player

I am using Real Media Player to play music and videos. The Real Player normally saves the list of recently played media files. But I don't want others to see these files. So, I wish to delete the history of recently played media files in my Real Player. How can I delete history in Real Player ?

Does anyone uses Real Media Player and suggest how to clear history in Real Player ?
Old 01-07-2009

Re: How to delete history in Real Player

To clear History in Real Media Player :: open Real Player >> click Tools >> select Preferences. The Preferences dialog box will appears. select General. Underneath History >> uncheck Enable a history list in the File menu >> click the Clear History button >> click OK when prompted to clear the history >> click OK to close the dialog box.
Old 01-07-2009

Follow this --

Go to C:\System\Data\ and delete the file called "mediaplayer.dat".
You will have to follow the above step each time you want to clear the most recent clips option.

If you dont want to repeat it each time you open your Realplayer movie, find realplayer.dat in C:\System\Data\ and delete that file. Then open your realplayer and Exit.
Old 01-07-2009

To delete recently played media files and clear history in Real Player, you'll need FExplorer, X-plore or any other File Explorer.

Note - You have to do this everytime you need to clear your recent files list.

1. Open FExplorer and browse to C:\system\data
2. Find the file named "mediaplayer.dat" , delete the file and Exit FExplorer.
3. Next time, when you open your Real Player, there'll be no more recent files listed.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,