Thread: "Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 has stopped working"

"Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 has stopped working"

I have a decent configuration which can run Adobe Premiere Pro cs4 quite easily. But every now and then if I try to create a new project, the application always crashes and hangs for sometimes with a error message displaying "Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 has stopped working". Please help me to solve the cs4 premiere pro stops loading error message. Thank you
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

Re: "Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 has stopped working"

Follow the tips below to solve "Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 has stopped working" error
    1. Remove all Adobe beta software installed on your computer. For CS4 see here.
    2. Ensure your OS is set to display at least 32bit color. Lower display settings are known to cause problems.
    3. If you are using more than one monitor, switch to using only one monitor while troubleshooting.
    4. Open Premiere pro and load a default workspace, for example Window > Workspace > Edit. Then choose Window > Workspace > Reset workspace name, where workspace name is the name of the workspace you loaded.
    5. Check your scratch disk (CS4, CS3) settings, especially the Media Cache. If Premiere Pro is trying to use a disk that is no longer accessible, or a directory (folder) that is read-only, it causes strange problems. Do not use network drives.
    6. Check that you have more than 20% of free disk space remaining on every hard drive.
    7. Check your ASIO settings in your Audio hardware preferences.
    8. If the Adobe Media Encoder does not launch, try deleting the AME preferences from C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\4.0
    9. For MS Windows users:
    10. If you are using the /3GB switch in your boot.ini then remove it while troubleshooting.
    11. Close Premiere Pro and rename the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Application Data\Adobe\Premiere Pro\x.x", where "x.x" is the version of Premiere Pro you're using. You may need to show hidden files.
    12. If you have more than one CPU (or hyperthreading) set the Premiere Pro process affinity to the primary processor. See Managing processor affinity on multiprocessor systems for instructions.
    13. Hold down the SHIFT key while starting Premiere Pro (CS3 and earlier) until you reach the welcome screen.
    14. Change Control Panel → Display Settings → Settings → Advanced → General → DPI Setting: Normal size (96 DPI)
    15. Change Control Panel → Display Settings → Appearance → Font size: Normal
    16. Right-click on the Premiere Pro shortcut (or the Premiere Pro executable itself) and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu. Click on the "Compatibility" tab and check the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option.

For more information go to this Adobe Premiere Pro troubleshooting link.

Have you installed the latest version of Premiere Pro CS4.
    The latest version of Premiere Pro CS4 may be more compatible with the operating system and drivers. Before you install an update, make sure that the system meets the requirements.

Free updates for Premiere Pro CS4 are available from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.

More information here.

Try to move the ExporterAVI.prm ( should be in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\Common" ) in another directory so it won't load and see if that fixes it. If it does, then, well, you're stuck without the avi export, if it doesn't, then the issue lies somewhere else.

Device manager is not working for me. The error message I receive is mmc counl not create snap in I also have a windows number the is clsid 74246BFC-4C96-1100-ABEF-0020AF6BOB7A if that helps out any. When I went to the microsoft update page they were not able to help with any solution. Please advise. Thank you