Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to add new fonts to Fireworks

Windows Software

Old 30-06-2009

How to add new fonts to Fireworks

I am using Fireworks for designing the logo of my company. It has very limited fonts and so I want to add more fonts to it. But the problem is that I don't know how to add it. I am new to Fireworks. Can you help me out to add new fonts to Fireworks?

Old 30-06-2009

Re: How to add new fonts to Fireworks

Do you have the fonts file with you? Just copy and paste it on your Windows Fonts folder. Now you should be able to use these fonts with all the software's available on your computer. This includes Fireworks also. But just keep this in mind that the file is in .ttf format.
Old 30-06-2009

After downloading the new font, save the new font file in your Windows -> Fonts folder. This will allow you to use the newly installed font in Fireworks automatically. However you may face some issues with the new fonts when accessing fonts via the Font menu in the Text Editor such as it is not shown. This is because those fonts which are bitmap only fonts will not be appearing in the Fireworks Text Editor.
Old 30-06-2009

Fireworks includes all the fonts that are installed on your Windows computer and uses the same fonts as you can see under Microsoft Word, or Outlook etc. It do not have some separate file for fonts style. It does not even support those fonts that are graphics style or available on Mac OS.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,