Thread: Windows font preview for Windows Xp

Windows font preview for Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that when i double click on .ttf file on my pc, ACDSee shows me a nice preview. But it only renders the text "Font". Can anyone recommend a good windows font previewer for Windows XP? It should be easy to use and preferably it can be easily added to the right click menu? Kindly suggest me your views on the above issue. Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Windows font preview for Windows Xp

To install a font from within Font Book, go to File--> Add Fonts. Browse to where the font file is located, select it, and click on Open. This will install the font into your default font location. If you want you can use Free&Easy Fonts Viewer which will shows you all the installed fonts (that is, those that are in the Fonts folder in your Control Panel) in one window. You can scale the fonts up and down and check out how they look in different font styles (bold, italic, underline, strike through). Free&Easy Fonts Viewer has its limitations, though: if you have a collection of fonts which are located in a different folder from the system fonts, you won't be able to browse through them using this tool. Another drawback is that you can't see the full range of symbols in a font - only the first nine letters plus numbers 0 to 9 plus a handful of punctuation marks.

If you are trying to write a documents on your Windows XP system and not sure which font to use, then you can use preview. It will show you how your fonts will look onscreen. Font previews display the entire upper and lower-case alphabet (if applicable), numbers, and selected punctuation. To see all of the symbols available for such fonts you can open the Character Map utility. There are two ways to do so.

• You need to click on "Start", then you need to select "Programs", then choose "Accessories", then click on "System Tools" and finally click on "Character Map".

Or
    • You need to click "Start" and then select "Run".
    • Type in the following: charmap and then press ENTER.

Once the "Character Map" dialog box appears, click the pull-down next to "Font" to choose a font to preview. You can scroll through the available characters, and then click the "X" to close the window when you are done.

In Windows XP, you can customize the appearance of your desktop by changing the font, size, and color of individual Windows elements such as menus, icons, and title bars. The desktop style that you select determines how Windows elements, such as the desktop, active title bar, and the scrollbar, look on your screen.For more information, you can check out the following link. Hope so it may help you out.