Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to delete history in Windows Media Player

Windows Software

Old 30-06-2009

How to delete history in Windows Media Player

hello friends,

When I opened Windows Media Player, on the Taskbar under File, it shows the recently opened/played files. I wasn't knowing that Windows Media Player saves the history of the files recently played through it. How can I delete the history of recently played files in Windows Media Player ?

Any ideas....

Old 30-06-2009

Re: How to delete history in Windows Media Player

You can easily clear or delete the recent files in Windows Media player by modifying values in the Windows Registry

- Close Windows Media Player
- Click Start > select Run > typein : regedit.exe
- Open up the branch HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList
- Delete each File# key listed.

Next time, when you openup Media Player again, the Recent Files section will be empty.
Old 30-06-2009

Click Here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243621

This microsoft article describes how to remove the recent entries from the Windows Media Player play list.
Old 30-06-2009

You want to delete MRU list i.e. Most Recently Played files in Media Player. In Windows XP, the MRU List is cleared through an add-on application called the MPXP Tray Control.
Click Start -- Programs -- Windows Media Player Bonus Pack, and then WMP Bonus Pack Tray Control.
The Tray Control icon will appear in your system tray in the lower right corner of your screen.
Right-click the icon -- This will provide the option to clear the MRU list. You can also turn it off so Media Player will stop keeping track of the files you play.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,