Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Create icon files for a website

Windows Software

Old 29-06-2009

Create icon files for a website

Hi,
I want to create my own icons. I have some images which I want to insert them in a icon as compare to traditional one. I want to know weather how to create a favicon.ico file for the web page. What is default size which best suited for icon and where to implement it. If there is a third party tool for the same and please provide me from where can I download it.

Old 29-06-2009

Re: Create icon files for a website

Try Icon Editor. Icon Editor allow you to edit and create you own icons. You can insert animated images and make icons transparent. The size it offers is 16x16 which is default one and other are 32x32, 48x48, etc. You can also design your own custom size. The image formats are bmp, jpg and gif supported by it.
Old 29-06-2009

Use Photshop to create Favicon.ico files. You can create a custom Favicon file as per your own need. Just create the file and upload on the site directly. Open your image in Photoshop and set size 16x16 on the area. Do the color settings or any addition and deletion you want. Then click on bicubic sharper in InDesign. Sharp the image and again resize it. To save the file go to file > save as give a name as favicon.ico. Give a proper location. Paste the to the root folder of you web directory. The browser will detect it automatically.
Old 29-06-2009

Favicon.ico is the icon file of Favorite in web browser. You first you will need to convert the file compatible to browser. Use gif mostly. Then set the size, transparency, etc. Get a icon creator tool for this. You can use Goldicons. Important that the size must be around 16 pixel by 16 pixel. PNG will also fine to create icons. Then save the file and give name Favicon.ico. Give the below tage in your browser to upload the file.
<head> <link rel=?shortcut icon? href=?favicon.ico?> </head>

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,