Thread: Zune software boots me off internet

Zune software boots me off internet

I'm having a Acer laptop on which i'm running Mac as my operating system. Recently i had installed Zune software on my laptop. When i clicked on the desktop icon the loading hour glass would appear but nothing would happen, due to which i can not access my internet. Whenver i try to access the internet on my laptop, it boots me off internet. Can any body tell me that why does zune software boots me off internet? What i need to do in order to resolve the above issue? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: Zune software boots me off internet

According to me i don't think the Zune software works with a Mac. Your only option is to install Windows, either using Boot Camp or in a virtual machine like Parallels or Virtual PC and use that to manage your Zune software. Microsoft has stated that they have no plans to write Mac software for the Zune.

You need to try out one or more of the following steps:

• Disconnect your Zune device from your computer, and then reconnect it.
    • Verify that you are using the original sync cable that came with your Zune device.
    • If your sync cable is plugged into a port on an external USB hub, try plugging the sync cable directly into a USB port on your computer instead.
    • If your sync cable is plugged directly into a USB port on your computer, try plugging the sync cable into a different USB port on your computer. For example, if you are currently using a USB port on the front of your computer, try using a USB port on the back of your computer instead. Some computers are known to have USB signal integrity problems with ports on the front of the computer.
    • Reset your Zune device.

According to me, the best way to get rid of the above issue is to uninstall Zune software from your system and then try to reinstall it back on your system. Now try to access the internet and check out whether you still face the same problem or not on your laptop. It might be that some registry files may have been corrupted while installing Zune software on your system.