Thread: Checking Windows Media Player plugin installation

Checking Windows Media Player plugin installation

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Just few days back i was trying to install Windows media player plugin on my system. I don't know whether i have installed it properly or not on my system. So, i would like to check windows media player plugin installation process by reinstalling it on my system. Can any body tell me that how do i check windows media player plugin installation process on my system? Does any body knows about how to do it on my pc? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Checking Windows Media Player plugin installation

In order to install Windows Media Player plugin on your system, you need to follow the below steps.

1. For installing Windows Media Player Plugin you may require administrative access to your PC. For that you need to close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    2. Then you need to click on the iInstall button for automatically download and the you need to install the Windows Media Player Plugin.
    3. Then depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Then you need to click on install in oder to install the plugin on your system.

In order to check out the Windows Media Player plugin whether you had installed it properly or not on your system, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. For that you need to look at the top of the Firefox window, then you need to click on the Tools menu and then need to select Add-ons. Then the Add-ons window will open on your pc.
    2. Then on the Add-ons window, you need to select the Plugins panel. This reveals a detailed list of all of Firefox's plugins.
    3. Then you need to scroll down the list, and you need to look for the entry called:Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin
    4. Then if you find the entry been present, then the plugin is installed.
    5. And if the entry seems to be missing, then you need to proceed further in order to install the new plugin section.

Windows XP do not include the standard Windows Media Player plugin. This new plugin can be installed on yourr system inorder to solve a missing plugin issue or to take advantage of its new features on systems that already include the standard Windows Media Player plugin. The plugin installer adds the file "np-mswmp.dll" to the Firefox installation directory plugins folder, typically "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins". If Firefox is not installed or if the Firefox installation directory cannot be located, the plugin will be placed in another location such as C:\PFiles\Plugins.