Thread: What is gabest vsfilter

What is gabest vsfilter

I am not sure about a file in my hijackthis log file. There is file in my windows directory called vsfilter.dll. I have not seen this file before. I running windows xp in my computer. Any know about this file. There is also a subtitle folder in the windows drive which has file inside it called gabset. I think is related to some codec package of dvd's or Microsoft Moviemaker. Thanks.

Re: What is gabest vsfilter

VSFilter is part of VOBSub tool provided by Gabset. VSFilter is use to rip subtitles from vob files. Then it can be converted into a separate format. It can also render many other different subtitle format's to video during playback or encoding. May be you have any video tool in your system. So it is the part of that program. If you uninstall the application the file will be deleted in the same way.

VSFilter is safe file. It not related to any malicious tool. It is a part of DVD encoding application. It is used to blend multiple shapes on the top of each other in a subtitle. If it is causing any error in your system you can simply delete if you do not have any dvd tool or uninstall the application. You can also download the same .dll file from the vobsub website.

VSFilter.dll is a system component of the VSFilter software. The version is 1.0 made by the Gabset. It is a most commonly found files under the directory of filtes. Till now it is not termed as a spyware or any threat component. This file initiate the process of extracting subtitles for Direct show or virtual dub. You can run a driver scan to update the file.