Thread: Troubleshoot Nero Errors

Troubleshoot Nero Errors

I have multiple errors in nero. I got a nero cd from my friend. When I was installing Nero in my windows xp computer I was getting CRC error. Then I restarted the system Nero installed properly. After that when I launched the program I burn some CD's the error popped burning process fails. I tried to restart again a new thing came out. It shows that some wms idle does not respond. I think the CD is corrupted. Any suggestions.

Re: Troubleshoot Nero Errors

Relax about the CRC error. It is the most common one. The CRC error normally occurs when the files in the setup is corrupted. This problem also caused by the Firewall or Anti-Virus protection. Disable them and install the program again if decide to re-install any time. If still the problem persist then get a new cd.

The error wms idle does not respond is due to the Nero Scout installed on your system. If you disable it then error will not pop-up again. To disable Nero Scout open My Computer. Then right click on Nero Scout and choose options. In the window remove the tick from Activate Nero Scout. Restart the computer to take effect. Here what happens the indexing services is disabled now. So the error will not pop-up again.

There are many reason behind the burning process fail error. It can be related to the hardware i.e your recorder. Also if the CD and DVD quality is not good it cause the error. It also happen if you set the cd writing speed too fast. To clear out the issue update the firware of your hardware. Download InfoTool. Run it. It will detect you recorder and prompt you to update the firmware version if need. Also reduce the writing speed and check out with a another branded CD or DVD.