Thread: How to convert DVR-MS to MPEG4 to use on Sony

How to convert DVR-MS to MPEG4 to use on Sony

I running Windows Media Center on my Playstation. I have a lot of video collections on my this PSP. I recently bought an Asus laptop with Windows Vista installed. When I use this video collection to play on my Windows Vista laptop, it is unable to play. I surfed a lot for this and someone suggested me to use MPEG4 file format. But I am having the files in DVR-MS. How can I convert DVR-MS to MPEG4 file format so that I can play them on my Asus laptop?

Re: How to convert DVR-MS to MPEG4 to use on Sony

Use DVR-MS Converter. It is simple and easy-to-use software to convert DVR-MS file to MPEG2 file with high speed and just on-click.

1. Download DVR-MS to Mpeg Converter
    2. Run DVR-Ms Converter
    3. Click Add button to add DVR-Ms file in list that appears
    4. Click Convert button to convert
    5. You will find mpeg files in Output folder

DVR-MS (Microsoft Digital Video Recording) is a proprietary video and audio file container format, developed by Microsoft. Audio and video are wrapped in an ASF container with the extension DVR-MS. Video is encoded using the MPEG-2 standard and audio using MPEG-1 Layer II or Dolby Digital AC-3 (ATSC A/52). The format extends these standards by including metadata about the content and digital rights management.

If you are looking for a free program to edit and convert your DVR-MS recordings, use DVRBox. DVR Box is software that allows you to edit and convert DVR-MS video files. It can also be used to convert other format video files. DVRBox uses managed DirectX to display and edit a dvr-ms file, it then converts the dvr-ms to an mpeg-2 file. The mpeg-2 file is then processed using mencoder to create an xVid, x264 or MPEG4 (xVid using lavc) .avi file.

DVRBox Features
    • xvid compression
    • x264 compression
    • dvr-ms editing
    • batch processing of dvr-ms files
    • automatic crop detection
    • Scheduled compression

You want to convert dvr-ms to mpeg4, use AVS Video Converter. With this, you can easily convert DVR-MS to MPEG4 and also to other video formats like AVI, MOV, MP4, WMV, 3GP, etc. It is easy to use. The DVR-MS format files are an ASF file containing multiple MPEG-2, and data streams. You can also use MediaPortal which comes with the plugin called "My Burner" that allows you to convert the DVR-MS files to regular MPEG-2. You can use MPEG-2 files to play under Windows Media Player.