Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-06-2009

How to open .bin files in Mac

hie friends,

I have Apple's Macintosh system at my place. I am not able to open the files with extension ".bin" in my machine. I don't know what is the issue with the bin file format in mr system, however it easily opens other file formats.
Can anybody please suggest me how can I open .bin files in my Mac ? any ideas please.....kindly help
Old 26-06-2009

Re: How to open .bin files in Mac

Normally, a .bin file is available on your PC via a download from a website. Initiate the download process of obtaining the file. Once the download has completed, double-click it. It is possible that the computer might begin the automated process of expanding or opening the .bin file. When it extracts itself, you will be able to see the contents.
Old 26-06-2009

A .bin file is a cd/dvd image, which is similar to a .iso file or .nrg file. A .bin file can also be a Mac binary file. If it is a Mac binary image, then StuffIt Expander (a free application) will be able to open it. If it came with a .cue file then its a cd image and you'll need something like Titanium / FireStarterFX / VCDtoolsX.
Old 26-06-2009

In order to open .bin file in Mac, I would suggest you to use StuffitExpander application.

You can directly download and install the StuffitExpander for free from the Apple's website.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...texpander.html

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,