Thread: Steps to install Microsoft Publisher

Steps to install Microsoft Publisher

I had installed Windows Vista on my system. Recently i had downloaded Microsoft Publisher software form the internet, but doesn't know how to install it on my system. So, can any body provide me the correct steps to install Microsoft Publisher on my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for installing Microsoft Publisher on my system. Would be grateful to you if anybody helps me to install Microsoft Publisher on my system.

Re: Steps to install Microsoft Publisher

In ordeer to install Microsoft Publisher on your system, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
    2. Double-click Add Printer.
    3. Follow the steps in the wizard until you reach the dialog box that contains the printer manufacturers and models.
    4. Click Have Disk, and then click Browse.
    5. Browse to the network administrative share from which you installed Publisher, and then search for the Mspub.inf file. The file should be located in the FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE10 folder on the network administrative share.For example, type the following in the Copy manufacturer's files from box:\\network_administrative_share_name\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE10
    6. Select Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter as the model, and then continue with the installation.

After downloading the setup executable, follow these steps to install Shortcut Manager for Publisher:

1. Make sure Microsoft Publisher is not running. Close all Microsoft Publisher documents and quit Microsoft Publisher if it is running.
    2. Run the setup executable PBSctMgr10.exe. This will install Shortcut Manager for Publisher on your machine and register it for use with Microsoft Publisher.
    3. Start Microsoft Publisher.
    4. Shortcut Manager will initialize itself if it is starting for the first time.

To install the Microsoft Publisher Color Printer or the Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter on a computer that is running Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. Click Start and then click Printers and Faxes.
    2. Click Add a Printer. The Add Printer Wizard starts. Click Next.
    3. Under Local or Network Printer, click Local printer attached to this computer.
    4. Clear the Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer check box, and then click Next.
    5. Under Select a Printer Port, click Use the following port.
    6. In the drop-down list, select FILE: (Print to File), and then click Next.
    7. In the Install Printer Software dialog box, click Generic in the Manufacturer list.
    8. In the Printers list, select one of the following:
    • If you know that your printing service will use an imagesetter, click Microsoft Publisher Imagesetter.
    • If you are not sure how your files will be prepared, click Microsoft Publisher Color Printer.

9. If you previously installed a Microsoft Publisher driver, you are prompted now to either keep the existing driver or install a new one. It is recommended that you select Keep existing driver, and then click Next.
    10. In the Name Your Printer dialog box, specify the printer name that you want. (It is recommended that you keep the default name.)
    11. You also are asked whether you want this to be the default printer. Select No if you have any other printers.
    12. In the Printer Sharing dialog box, select Do not share this printer.
    13. In the Print Test Page dialog box, select No.
    14. In the Completing the Add Printer Wizard dialog box, click Finish.