Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Default directory of Windows media player

Windows Software

Old 25-06-2009

Default directory of Windows media player

I am a frequent user of Windows media player to view video files. I want the default directory to C: \ temp places. I 've been placed in its folder shortcut on the start menu. However, even if I use the shortcut on the force to use media player menu writer of classical antiquity, when I select file > open file or file >quick, the folder is the folder in My Document. How do I actually place the default Directory for Windows media player ?

Old 25-06-2009

Re: Default directory of Windows media player

You can store the last opened directory in windows media player only if you open a file and play it. It is being stored in a registry value named OpenDir.But if you click File - Open dialog the last open folder reset to C: \ Program Files \ Windows Media Player. To open directory to your designated place to place every time you launch Windows Media Player, you can use this manuscript.
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Quote:
StartDir = "F:\Album"

WshShell.RegWrite _

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\Settings\OpenDir", StartDir, "REG_SZ"

WshShell.Run "wmplayer", 1,True

Set WshShell = Nothing
Copy the following content to notepad and saving as "wmp.vbs. Double click wmp.vbs for Windows Media Player to launch. You can use VBS in your cover of the Quick Launch for easy access places. "StartDir" is placed at F: \ Album. Change the path accordingly in the manuscript. Thats it !!!
Old 25-06-2009

Re: Default directory of Windows media player

Thanks for sharing this useful tip friend. I was also in search of this as even i was not able to set my default directory in Windows Media player. I hope this will work for me as well.

Thank you ~

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,