Thread: How to Create PowerPoint Slides From A Word Outline

How to Create PowerPoint Slides From A Word Outline

I have a Office 2003 in my Windows Xp , I Want to create a powerpoint Presentation from Word outlines, Can you Tell me How Can i do this please help thanks in advance

Re: How to Create PowerPoint Slides From A Word Outline

The outline format helps you edit your presentation's content and move bullet points or slides around. When you write using the Outline tab, buttons become available on the Standard and Formatting toolbars that let you increase or decrease text indents, collapse and expand content so that you see slide titles but no subordinate bullet points, and show or hide text formatting as you work.

The content in your outline can come from many sources: you can type it in originally; use prepared text provided by the AutoContent wizard; or insert text that has heading and subheading styles and is in another file format, such as .txt or .doc, from Microsoft Word.

When you save your presentation as a Web page, the text on the Outline tab becomes a table of contents so that you can navigate through the slides.

To use a toolbar that's dedicated to working with text in an outline, display the Outlining toolbar.

The correct way
    • Close PowerPoint and get back to the Word document.
    • Select the first line that contains the words Slide 1.
    • In the Style list on the Formatting toolbar, click Heading 1 (or click Heading 1 in the Styles and Formatting task pane).
    • If the Formatting toolbar is not visible, on the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Formatting.
    • Similarly, select the remaining three lines and click the Heading 2 style in the Style list.
    • Save your Word document.
    • On the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Microsoft Office PowerPoint.

If you want To import a Word outline into PowerPoint, then you have first launch PowerPoint and then open a blank slide. after that click on Insert,and select Slides From Outline option . When the Insert Outline dialog box appears, locate the Word file and double-click it. The slides will get created based on that Outline. All you have to do now is add the graphics and any other text you might need and jazz up the presentation.