Thread: Microsoft Money File Extensions

Microsoft Money File Extensions

I am having installed Microsoft Money on my PC that i use at my office. It is very important file for me and i need to move it as it is to other computer that is at my home. So i wanted to know that which money extension file should i move to get it properly to the second computer ? Please help me..

Re: Microsoft Money File Extensions

If you are aware of the Money file extension, than you need to move the .MNY file from one computer to another. It is the absolute essential file of Microsoft Money. MNY is a financial data file created by Microsoft Money, a program for managing personal or business finances; may include multiple accounts, such as savings, checking, and investment accounts. Remember that if Windows is unable to open files with file extension MNY, than it may be the cause of the appropriate program installed or, you may have registry errors. Resolving the Windows registry will solve most of your errors in MNY files.

Thank you very much for so quick help mate. I hope i can move this file comfortably and windows also be able to open it. But i can see there some more extension files name MN1, MN2, M15, M15, etc.. There are almost 16 files. What are they ?

The files MN1 - M16 are created when a new version of Microsoft Money installed. As part of the implementation process, leading to a backup copy of your unconverted file. The file uses the relevant extension to the last version was used. So, if you have a file of the Money 2004 to Money Plus promotes, your saved copy a file extension of M12 have.

Such records are not required for Money to run, but you would certainly have never been to an older version of Money again will return before you remove them. Only these files in the previous version of Money open, not Mny file.