Thread: Need a .ogg Player

Need a .ogg Player

I have some important media files which are in .ogg format. When i tried to play it on Windows Media Player, it give me error saying,"Windows Media Player cannot play the file". I need to go through those files but WMP is supporting the files type. Is there any player designed to watch .ogg files ? If yes please let me know the best .ogg player. Thank you

Re: Need a .ogg Player

Well, Windows Media Player might not play those files because of lack of the Codec that supports the .OGG file format. But you can find such codec wmplugins.com. If you add this codec to your WMP it can easily play .ogg files. All you need to do is download Ogg Directshow Codecs and Uninstall any previous version of these filters. (This is important!) Go to add remove programs, remove oggcodecs.Make sure media player or any directshow applications are closed. Run the installer.Then Windows Media Player will be able to play Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, Ogg Theora, Ogg FLAC and native FLAC.

You can try yPlay as a .ogg player. It is compatible to play MP3, Ogg*, WMA, WAV, FLAC* and Midi player with multiple playlists and a light, clean interface.has a filter built into the main screen - type in part of the MP3 title or artist and the list will only display matching tracks. Double-click the track you want, close the player to the system tray and forget about it.

Download yPlay

For playing .ogg files, i think no other player is better than VLC. VLC plays almost all media files with good quality. For more info about VLC Media Player, see this:-
    VLC Player Always on Top
    Download VLC Media Player version 0.9.9
    VLC Media Player : Take advantage of the display full screen videos with VLC

Alternatively, you can also try Ogg Player. It play Ogg, MP3, WAV, WMA, CD, ASF,MID,MIDI,RMI,KAR files and has standard functions to control your playback.It also has a playlist manager and you can order any number of songs to choose any number of folders. It has a fully skin able interface and very easy to use.