Thread: how to delete all History of yahoo messenger message archives permanently

how to delete all History of yahoo messenger message archives permanently

Dear Friends,

Can anybody tell me how to delete all History of yahoo msngr msg archives permanently from our system. So that no recovery software should recover it later in the future...

Re: how to delete all History of yahoo msngr msg archives permanently

Yahoo messenger window, then contacts, then message archive. Then highlight the name of the person you want to delete and click on the red X.

Go to the 'Preferences - Archive' after that make sure the option is chosen : 'Yes, save all my messages,, but clear them when I sign out'. with this your messenger will erase all your messages on a daily basis.Also, try clicking on the button 'Clear Archive Now'."

Delete everything in this folder : C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\[user name]\Archive
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Go to yahoo messenger preferences then click on file, then preferences, then go in archive and then click clear archive thi swill delete all the achieve messages and if after this you want to all messages delete choose No, do not save any of my messages click apply OK all your previews message will be clear also check out the links for more detials.

How to Delete Chat History Yahoo Messenger?

Its very simple. Just Open your Yahoo messenger, login with your ID and Password. Now Go to Messenger from the Menu Option, it will open a dialog box. Now select Archive option from the Category at the left side. Here on the right hand side you'll see a Option of Clear Archive Now. Click on it and press Ok. Thats it !!!

Re: how to delete all History of yahoo messenger message archives permanently

For thta you need to go to yahoo messenger preferences, for doing thta you need to click on messenger and on the top you need to choose preferences. Then you need to go in archive and then click on clear archive now and after that if you want to delete all messages you need to choose No. This will not save any of my messages and afterwards you need to click on apply and then click on OK, that will clear all your previews message.

Quote Originally Posted by raiz View Post
    Delete everything in this folder : C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles\[user name]\Archive
    I know all those procedure my dear friend. But after doing that also you can retrieve those cleared Archives through Yahoo Msg Archive recovery software...
    So therefore my questn is that i should delete d archives in such a way that the above mentioned software should not trace it or recover it....

sad Re: how to delete all History of yahoo messenger message archives permanently

Any Experts There To Help On The Above Issue....

Re: how to delete all History of yahoo messenger message archives permanently

As you know everything is in the archive files. To delete the files and make it not recoverable, a software is used, known as File Shredder. Download it and shred the archive files and it will not be recovered...