Thread: Can't uninstall program from add remove programs

Can't uninstall program from add remove programs

I have an application which was slowing down my windows. So i decided to uninstall it. So opened Add and Remove applet and removed it. I think, it is removed from my system as i can not find it anywhere on my system but it is still displayed in Add/Remove Programs. How can i remove this program from Add/Remove Programs ?

Re: Can't uninstall program from add remove programs

This may be due to incomplete uninstall or poorly designed uninstaller itself. Try these steps to remove it completely:-

• Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
    • Locate and click the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    • After you click the Uninstall registry key, click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.
    • In the Export Registry File dialog box, click Desktop in the Save in box, type uninstall in the File name box, and then click Save.
    • After you identify the registry key that represents the program that is still in Add/Remove Programs, right-click the key, and then click Delete.
    • After you delete the key, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    • In Add/Remove Programs, verify that the program for which you deleted the registry key is not listed.
    • If the program list is not correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can double-click the Uninstall.reg file on your desktop to restore the original list of programs in the registry.
    • If the program list is correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can right-click the Uninstall.reg file on your desktop, and then click Delete.

Programs that are compatible with Windows may have an uninstallation program or feature. The Add/Remove programs tool lists all of the Windows-compatible programs that have an uninstall program or feature. You may need to manually remove the program from the Add/Remove Programs list if you uninstall a program and the registry key that is used to display the program name is not removed correctly. You need to locate this folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall and Select the subkey that you want to delete.Right-click on the subkey and choose Delete. Close Registry Editor

If the program using the Windows Installer, then use the utility of the cleaning of the Windows Installer installation information for that program to remove, and the corresponding entry in Add or Remove Programs.