| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: Can't uninstall program from add remove programs
This may be due to incomplete uninstall or poorly designed uninstaller itself. Try these steps to remove it completely:-
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and click the following registry key:
- After you click the Uninstall registry key, click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, click Desktop in the Save in box, type uninstall in the File name box, and then click Save.
- After you identify the registry key that represents the program that is still in Add/Remove Programs, right-click the key, and then click Delete.
- After you delete the key, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In Add/Remove Programs, verify that the program for which you deleted the registry key is not listed.
- If the program list is not correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can double-click the Uninstall.reg file on your desktop to restore the original list of programs in the registry.
- If the program list is correct in Add/Remove Programs, you can right-click the Uninstall.reg file on your desktop, and then click Delete.