Thread: How to open cbr files

How to open cbr files

I have recently receive an email which consists of .cbr extension. But when i tried to open that file in Windows XP i got a message as Windows cannot open this file extension try to open it by manually choosing it, for that i should know which software will support this file format. Does anyone provide me some information about cbr files and at the same time can tell me what steps should i follow to open .cbr file.

How to Open the .CBR extension file

Normally . CBR file consists of compressed images which are saved in one archive. Only this file extension is being used for storing and displaying comic books . You can use a file decompression utility which decompress your .CBR files and extract all the images but note that they won't display in book format and they will also be not in correct order too.

File extension CBR

One of the easiest way to open a CBR file is to Double click on it and your computer will open it in some format over here save the file in some .RAR or .ZIP format. If you are not able to open the file then it's seems that you don't have any program that can view or edit . CBR files

Programs that open .cbr comic book files

If you want you can use cbviewer where you can see images in JPEG, PNG and static GIF format. Early this was partly not available to some programs but now you can use it for general purpose and thus awkward to use when simply wanting to view images sequentially. For downloading click on Download.

Download